Sunday, February 27, 2011

Meet Harley






Our little Harley joined us (via induction) on Sunday February 13th and 6:21pm She weighed 7lbs 13oz and was 19in long. It was a very easy labor, although I finally felt some real contractions with her (ouch!). She was out in 5 pushes. Life with two under two has been a little crazy. We have been able to transition very well though. I am surprised that Kennedy seems to be ok with having a little sister. She can be very affectionate and give Harley kisses then turns on her and hits her. She's still young and learning how to be "soft". I honestly thought it would be a lot worse, so I consider us blessed. Lack of sleep seems to be the biggest thing to get used to. Harley is awake a lot at night, and when she finally falls asleep, Kennedy is waking up for the day! We are healthy and happy and loving our sweet little girls. We so appreciate the help from our family and friends.


Harley is such a sweet baby. She has been so easy and calm. She makes adorable faces and has such a cute smile-even if it's just her pushing out gas. I have such tender feelings as I hold her. I'm so excited to watch her grow. I feel so blessed as I look at my little family. We really have it all.

9 comments:

Dejah said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! I love your family, and I feel that we are blessed to be a part of your lives. I'm missing all of you!

The Hettinger Homestead said...

I hate that we've all been sick. We can't wait to see little Harley again soon. I'm glad to hear that it's been a smooth transition. Much love to all of you!

The Morris' said...

She is one beautiful little girl! Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

Harley is beautiful. I cannot WAIT to hold her.

I hope you are getting some day-time sleep since night time isn't so great. I am a different person with little amounts of sleep.

Kiss your cute girls for me.

Sheryl said...

Love our baby girl!! It is so funny to see how Kennedy is with her...I remember those same moments with Randi and Heidi. You make cute baby girls!!

Lindsay De La Cerda said...

Yay! I have been waiting for these. THanks for posting up some pictures with your cute family. All that was missing was you! Harley is so little. I hope you are doing wonderful!

Brian and Lisa said...

Love the pictures [even though I stole them off your memory card already ; )] Your family is a blessing to our whole family!

Jennifer Edling said...

What a cutie-pie! For me, the transition from one kid to two was just as big a transition as become a mom for the first time but it sounds like you're handling it great! love you! Nifer

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! She's adorable, can't wait to meet her!