Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Totally a blog worthy moment

Today was the last day that I will venture out on my own (with Kennedy) for a very long time. All I wanted to do was drop off brownies to a family in our ward that just had a baby, and go buy some milk for tomorrow. I had the feeling I should skip the grocery store since Kennedy doesn't like to be strapped in a cart and I can't carry her. I ignored it though. I was already out. The shopping itself was fine. Once we got out to the car the trouble started. She wouldn't sit down in her car seat, so I handed her the keys to play with. Something I always do. Not anymore. I handed to cart to a worker walking by so I wouldn't put it where it didn't go ( big pet peeve when people don't put their cart back) and as I did, I shut her door! I instantly heard the horn beep and knew she just locked her self in. Boy, am I glad that there are nice people in the world. After a few minutes of talking to her through the window, trying to get her to unlock the doors, a man came up and asked me if I was ok. So I start to cry (can't control that anymore either) and told him I locked my baby in the car. He tells me he has AAA and we give them a call. As I dial the last number of his card account - she unlocks the car!! Thank goodness! So I thanked him and we are now home and she is throwing her dinner all over the floor. That about sums up my life for the last few months. I really can't control my hormones and feel crazy all the time. That's life I guess. This milk better be amazing!

9 comments:

Brian and Lisa said...

OH MY GOSH!!! What a handful!!! Thank goodness for kind people of this world. You are looked after Bre! Things will hopefully get a little easier for you soon. And remember Aunt Lisa and Uncle Brian are sooo close if you need a break (i.e. nap). Love you!

Dejah said...

I guess that explains the new picture. I'm sorry I laughed when you first told me, I didn't realize all of what happened. How nice of that man though.

Breana and Jordan Holmes said...

it is funny, but it just seems like things like this happen a lot lately. It was my fault too. I'm just glad she opened it again and didn't throw the keys down!

Sara said...

holy moly what a day! She is such a stinker! i am sure that it will get funnier as the years pass. hang in there. xoxo

Julia Holmes said...

Oh gosh...how crazy and stressful, especially when you are pregnant and hormonal. I am so sorry that happened. What a nice guy. Glad everything worked out and I hope you enjoy the milk :)

Ashley said...

That is the most classic story. There's almost always someone to help. I'm glad she unlocked the car! Things like that happen, and they'll happen even more after Harley comes, but it's so fun. And I promise that it won't take long for you to be able to laugh at that story. :)
PS - That's one of my biggest pet peeves too! I HATE when people leave the carts all over the parking lot.

Breana and Jordan Holmes said...

I was laugh crying as it happened. She had no idea why I wasn't getting in the car. It was pretty funny, I just was overwhelmed at the same time.

Jennifer Edling said...

I hate those days! Well, at least there are awesome people in the world, right! Kennedy is getting so big. She's such a doll!

River Hopkins said...

Oh my word,THAT is something we ALL go thru. Keith had the opportunity to go thru that while I was out with B alone. K locked the door and they both were crying in the Target parking lot. This was a few years ago so she was probably the same age. Sadly the keys and his phone were in the car. But she eventually hit the unlock button.