Saturday, March 13, 2010

California bugs me

1. L.A.- the belly of the beast
2. Way too crowded. You know how people say California is great because you can go to the beach, desert,and the mountains all in one day! Yeah, what hidden freeway are you taking where there isn't any traffic making that possible?
3. Too many dang hippies
4. We only have one season here- warm. If we do have some rain, we are suddenly on "Storm Watch 2010"
5. Nobody knows how to drive. We might as well stop installing turn signals because no one knows how to work them. For the few of us that do use them, it is pointless, everyone just speeds up anyway.
6. We are taxed on everything and our taxes are way too high. Everything is expensive.
7. Is there a single road that doesn't have a pot hole, big cracks, or uneven pavement?
8.Our Governor...yeah...
9. Most beaches I have been to here look like the world's toilet, not all but most.
10. So many people smoke (ok so I can't really say they don't elsewhere) but I am so sick of not having fresh air. Our freeways and streets are littered with cigarettes (and other trash) and smokers are always ignoring the fact that they can't smoke close to buildings. Every time I go out someone around me is smoking.
Yeah this is a Breana rant. We drove to Santa Monica yesterday and every time I go out these are my thoughts. As much as I don't care for this state, there is one reason we are here- we grew up here, our family is here, it is home!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

those are some good arguements, but like you said thats where your/ our family is. I miss it!

Sheryl said...

We don't want you going anywhere else now girl!! It is a different place than when I grew up here, and even sooo different than just 10 years ago. Hang in there with us in the Sunshine state!

Lindsay said...

Yep, I know exactly what you mean! You should come to St. George! I love it here, it's beautiful. Seriously, some days I just step outside my door and go, I love it here. People always ask me if I miss living in CA and I say no. I loved growing up there, but I'll never move back.

Dejah said...

You know, Valencia is actually pretty nice, only took 35 minutes to get to the show. :) Just kidding. I was pretty annoyed by L.A. yesterday too. (You should post some of your cute new pictures.)

Breana and Jordan Holmes said...

I can't ever leave , I know this. I just get frustrated. Don't get me started on Utah Lindsay...Just kidding. Wishful thinking would be that all of our families moved into one neighborhood. I like my comfort bubble.

The Hettinger Homestead said...

If you are going to mention our Governor you should also include the mafia-like unions, our lame State Legislature, our hippie Attorney General who wants to be Governor again and the ignorant or misled masses who continue to elect them. Other than that; hear, hear.

-The Daddy

Brian and Lisa said...

Oooo I hear you Bre. I have a lot of complaints about Cali too. Some are too controversial to post like certain recipients of Medi-cal. I think if we focused more on taking care of our own...well you catch my drift!Grrr

Carrie said...

Most people don't believe it but our taxes here are MUCH higher than those in California. While we don't pay sales tax on food or clothing everything else is taxed up the wazoo. Plus traffic...have you ever been stuck behind an Amish buggy or someone from New Jersey on a road planned in the 18th century? Not fun.

I love it here though. There is always give and take wherever you live and you get to be super close to your wonderful family! That should make up for the hippies at least, right?

River said...

Oh Bre visit us. You'll find redemption to CA yet.