Monday, October 19, 2009

Three weeks left??

I'm feeling confident that it wont be that long. The doctor said today that I'm between 2-3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. She said that's really good for 37 weeks and the first baby. I have a really good chance of delivering vaginally too. So glad to hear that! She told me to keep doing what I'm doing (eating ice cream!? haha) I guess I move around a lot but I plan on be more active this week. She estimated that Kennedy will be about 6-7 lbs, average size for a baby. So all is going well and I go back in one week "unless I go into labor this week" hey those were the doctors words- not mine. I'M EXCITED!!

5 comments:

Dejah said...

Wow! 6-7 lbs. She's going to look so small to me. I'm so excited!

Ashley said...

Yay! I hope she does come early for you!

Julia Holmes said...

Sooo exciting!

Carrie said...

To help with the waiting one of my friends did something fun: every day that she hit a week closer to her due date during the end stretch she would do something progressively bigger, which she predetermined beforehand. Example: when she hit 38 weeks she went and got a pedicure; at 39 she bought a new bag etc. I am making those up, but just small things would still be fun and it almost makes you want the baby to come later...almost.

I am glad that you liked the blanket! The address is the current one. Good luck!

The Hettinger Homestead said...

Can we just say "Natural Birth" from now on? It probably isn't the right term but I think it sounds so much better. PS. this is your brother.